If you like the idea of having a garden in your backyard to grow fresh vegetables and herbs, perhaps its time to build a greenhouse. A greenhouse can be used to enhance the look of your property and extend the growing season of the plants growing in your garden. There a number of greenhouse designs you can choose from. They are relatively easy to build if you have the correct greenhouse plans to guide you through the construction process.
1. Hoop Greenhouse -this greenhouse uses a frame made of PVC pipes. The PVC pipes are placed in the ground in a row of semicircles. When finished the structure looks like an elongated semicircle. This greenhouse is easy to build and moved to another location if need be.
2. Lean-to Greenhouse – this structure is half a greenhouse split along the ridge of the roof. It is fastened to another structure, such as a house or garage for support. It has a small footprint so it can be placed on the patio or walkway.
3. Cold Frame Greenhouse – this is another greenhouse with a small footprint. It is basically a box with a transparent lid to let sunlight enter the structure. They are often placed along the southern end of another larger heated greenhouse to take advantage of the sun. central air conditioning system
4. Victorian Greenhouse – this is a free-standing greenhouse that must be built on level ground. It is somewhat more complicated to build than some of the other greenhouses mentioned in this article. This is because its design employs a gable style roof. Because it is a free-standing greenhouse its frame must be solid and able to withstand strong winds. The frame should be made of metal or wood especially if you are going to use glass for the outer covering.
5. Dome Greenhouse -this greenhouses frame is a geodesic dome. Because of its shape the interior needs a lot less heat than other greenhouses to grow tropical plants. It is a great choice if you live in an area with a short growing season.
6. Grow Rack Greenhouse – this is a mini-greenhouse which can be placed on a patio next to another greenhouse or storage shed. It generally has the structure of a shelving unit and the coverings are often removable.
7. A-Frame Greenhouse – This structure consists of two equal sides that slope down to the ground. The structure is simple to build and easy to relocate.
There are many resources on the internet that will offer you advice on choosing the best greenhouse design to meet your needs. Some of these resources are free and others will require some sort of payment. Often the resource that requires payment will provide you with the better quality information and is worth it in the long run.